Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Daniel M Daniel M is offline

Default import excel file to access but only new data

I have a test log file that is generated daily in excel. I need to take that
to excel and import it into access. I can do this fine but i have to import
all of it and it is about a 4meg file. i would like to look at the access
table and only save the data is new for importing. can anyone give me some
idea on how to do this? The tables contain dates, serial numbers, etc.

right now i am sorting the excel file by the date column and deleting
everything before 8-1-07. this at least makes a smaller file and a faster
import. is there another way to do this or will checking access for data, and
going back to excel take the same amount of time?

The goal is to import as fast as possible with a reasonalbly small file size.