Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Don is offline

Default Newbie to VSTO basic question about what to buy

It looks like the "writting is on the wall" for VBA. I have a number of
excel addins I created using VBA (with built in VBE) I want to migrate to the
new framework. As a complete newcomer to the VS tool suite I find it a bit
confusing as to what I should buy. I see VS 2008 is out now, but I could not
find any mention of VSTO for VS 2008. Do I apply VSTO 2005 on top of VS 2008
or do I have to get the older VS 2005 to use with VSTO (or do I wait for a
2008 version of VSTO)? I'm also a bit confused about the 2 kinds of VSTO (it
seems like one for application level macros and the other is for document
level macros) and where to purchace each. I know this is a very basic
question and I'm sure the answer is out there, but I'm finding the results of
my searches a bit overwhelming. If some one can give me the short and simple
answer it would be appreciated.