Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Remove a Defined Name

That looks like an invalid name--both the vertical bar and the space will cause
an error.

I'd try this:
Tools|options|General|Check R1C1 Reference style
Then click ok
Then change it back
Tools|options|General|uncheck R1C1 Reference style

I'm not sure which action will cause excel to complain about that invalid name,
but at some point, excel will yell at you to use a valid name. Have one handy
(DeleteMeLater)???

Then after you rename that name, you can delete the new name
(insert|name|define).

Since you're working with names, get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams
and Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It has this as one of its features (IIRC).

AccessHelp wrote:

Hello,

I have a workbook which contains a defined name "_|_ Print Area". I have
been trying to remove it from the workbook several times, and I can not
remove it.

Does anyone know how to remove it?

Apprently, the defined name is referencing to a file that we created in 1999
and to a file that located in our network.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson