Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to execute a program and return it's output to me in VBA.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=214248
XL2000: How to Force Macro Code to Wait for Outside Procedure

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=129796
HOWTO: 32-Bit App Can Determine When a Shelled Process Ends

Tom Ogilvy

"Mac Lingo" wrote:

I need to execute an FTP program and return directory information from the
ftp'd computer so I can manipulate it in VBA. I know how to write a batch
file to start the program and the file the batch file starts.

What I don't know is how to start the process in VB so I get the output of
running the program back to my VBA program.

Thanks,
Mac in Berkeley