Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joed joed is offline

Default VB Code stops working

That was exactly the problem and your solution has given me an even greater
understanding of events and their use, (and traps)

Thank you very much

---joe
--
j.f.dolan

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It sounds like your code turns off events somewhere and it's not getting turned
back on.

Inside the VBE
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:
application.enableevents = true

joed wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003 on an XP box. If I write a vba event handler procedure
that has any error in it, for example mismatch, out of range, whatever, ... I
stop the run, make appropriate changes but, I have to completely shutdown
excel, start it back up in order to get the procedure to run again. If I do
not do this the event handler is not called when I click on a cell, (which
fires the event).

...any suggestions, is this a setting I can change somewhere?
--
j.f.dolan

--

Dave Peterson