Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SLP SLP is offline

Default lookup source can vary -- how to code?

Hi. I have a workbook that is for personnel planning. One sheet contains
employee data. after clicking on a button, the data is moved to a
calculations sheet. there, after clicking on a button, calculations are run
per employee and a Center/Location summary appears on the botton. There is
another sheet that is used to determine the % and $ splits per employee per
location. It takes the split location info from the employees sheet and the
total salary from the compensation sheet. Trouble is the compensation sheet
has a blank row between each of the compensation types (salary, FICA, SUTA,
etc) so hard coding the look up on the split sheet would not work because the
list of employees can shrink or grow. Can someone help me? If it would
help, I could send a sample file. Thanks in advance.