Duke Carey

Links are one-way only. You can "pull" info out of a cell in another
workbook, but you can't "push" new data back into that cell, at least not
without writing VBA code to do it.

If your main objection to what you are currently trying to do is the lost
formatting, then add an extra step to the process: after you've completed
the 'paste link' step, go back into Edit-Paste Special... and paste formats.

"Sylvia" wrote:

hello!

I am desperate - I need to link several workooks from different departments
together to create one summary workbook that is automatically updated..

Can anyone help? If I just do "paste link" the format is different and it
doesn't really work. In the best case this should be a mutual link - if the
summary is updated, the source documents should be as well. is that possible?
Thank you! Sylvia