Gary's Student

Another option is to use Insert Comment

This method allows better control of viewing the comments and printing them.
--
Gary's Student

"Gary's Student" wrote:

You can have your cake and eat it.
Click on a cell in which you want the comment. Then pulldown

Data Validation... and select the Input Message Tab and enter your comment.

The cell is still free for any data, text or formula you want to enter. The
comment will appear anytime you click on the cell again.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student

"BorisS" wrote:

I once saw here that there is a notation with which the alt-enter in-cell
multiple lines (or maybe even without) could be combined with comments. In
other words, there is something that can precede a comment to make the cell
know that it is just that. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was
something with the letter 'n' and an apostrophe (or parentheses). Not sure.
--
Boris