B. R.Ramachandran

If the names are in column A starting at A1, create a helper column (say B)
with the following formula in B1 and drag the formula down Column B.

=left(A1&" ",10)

There should be 9 spaces between the quotation marks, so that the formula
would correctly interpret even a single letter name (!). It will not hurt if
you enclose more spaces between the "-marks.

Regards.
B. R. Ramachandran
"Christy" wrote:

Hello,

I am currently using Office 2003 - OS - Windows XP

I was just approaches with a question pertaining to Excel and thought I
would also direct to you because at this point I am unsure of the answer. Is
it possible to automatically make a cell have 10 spaces and nothing else?
For example, if you input a students name with only 6 letters, Excel will
automatically add 4 spaces after their name. Also, if the students name has
11 characters, it will only allow 10 characters to be inputted.

Thanks in Advance.