Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] amorrison2006@googlemail.com is offline

Default Column Headers down the rows...

On 8 May, 11:58, "Roger Govier" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On 8 May, 11:33, "Roger Govier" wrote:
Hi Andrea

Is this related to the previous problem, or a new one?

I am not clear on what you are asking here. Could you give another
explanation with some examples of what is appearing where, and what
you
want to output and where.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

groups.com...

Hi

I have for example 10 columns

From Say column D to K there is thousands of rows below
corresponding
to a particular column,

Each row will have a figure in one of the columns.

I am trying to have this in a format to enter into our system.

I need the column headers located in Row 1 to be inserted into a
new
column for the corresponding row where the amount has been placed
into.

For example if I put in Column H a 100.00 I want the column H
header
to be inserted into a new column A (for example) and if it was
Column
J then the header from Column J to be inserted into a new column A.

Hope this makes sense,

I appreciate all your help,

Andrea- Hide quoted text -

Hi Roger

It's all related to the same spreadsheet,

I thought by breaking it down into steps would be easier to make sense
of.

You helped put the correct labelling to input into both systems.

It's difficult to explain but I have rows of data - say 10 accounts
along columns. If I payment from account 10 then I was the header for
account 10 placed in a cell next to the row. If the payment was made
from account 10 then all the other cells would be blank.

I want all the data in one column but I want to identify each account
which I think can be done by having the column headers put in a cell
next to the row.

Does any of this make sense?

Hi Andrea

I think I am beginning to understand. It would help, if you could
indicate what the column headers are.
In the previous problem, this was a routine being ran against a set of
data, after information had been input, and was only looking at values
in column D.
What you are talking of now, sounds more like you want event code to
input the column header of the column you have made an entry, into some
other column on the same row as that entry. Is this the case?

It might be easier if you could mail me direct with a copy of the
workbook, and what you are trying to do.
To send direct, remove NOSPAM from my email address.

--
Regards

Roger Govier- Hide quoted text -

Hi Roger

Lets say my column headers are for example BankAcc1 through to
BankAcc10 (more accounts may be added)

If I had a withdrawal from account 10 then there would be nothing in
all the cells in the rows until column 10,

If I had a withdrawl or deposit from BankAcc5 then there would be
blanks cells for all cells in the row except BankAcc5.

I have no access to my email right now to send this to you,

Once all the entry amounts are in one column with a reference to which
Bank account they relate to they are then duplicated and then have the
correct code placed in column E being "CashW" or "CashD". I duplicate
them for use in the other system with the value in column E being
"SecW" or "SecD".

Hope this makes sense,

Please let me know,

Andrea