Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Broderick[_2_] John Broderick[_2_] is offline

Default A Simple Block Diagram UserInterface

Does any body know how to implement a simple block diagram user interface in
Excel.

Here is a simplified version of what I have in mind.

Say I have a palette consisting of a few blocks represented by some icons,
say a circle, triangle, square, etc.

that the user can choose from.

I want the user to be able to create a (horizontal) chain of these blocks in
any order (say 1-20 blocks in length) either by dragging the blocks from a
palette with a mouse, or by choosing insert from a list. For example I might
have a horizontal row of touching icons in any order, say
square-circle-circle-tirangle-etc.

I then want to be able to click on each block and fill in actual values for
a common set of parameters: say price, temperature, weight, etc. I also want
to be able to change the order of blocks by dragging a block into a
different position and insert and delete blocks, if I decide the order is
not right for some reason.

In the end all that matters is how many blocks are in the chain, what type
and order each one block is

and of course the entered set of paramters.

Then I copy the parameters to a table and do some basic calculations on the
data, and generate output results in tablular and grapical format.

Is this possible? Can anyone point me to a link with examples?

Thanks,

John.