Bob Phillips

=INDEX(C5:C10,MAX(MATCH({"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ",9. 99999999999999E+307},C5:C1
0)))

--

HTH

RP

"dihirod" wrote in message
Many thanks. I stupidly omiteed to add that the list of entries does not
comprise the entire column - only part of it (let's say C5 to c10) after
that, there's oodles of other things in the same column. I'd like to know

how
to restrict the lookup to that small section.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

This will get you the last value in a column

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(MATCH({"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ",9.999 99999999999E+307},A:A)))

--

HTH

RP

"dihirod" wrote in message
I have several cells reading data from a single cell - the last one in

column - the value of which keeps changing as data is added. How do I

ensure
that the several cells read only from the last entry in the column,

and
not
from older obsolete entries?