Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DonD''Cajun DonD''Cajun is offline

Default How to record Keystrokes instead of keystroke actions

Has Micorsoft ever added back the functionality of recording keystrokes
instead of keystroke actions?

I am trying to massage a large text file that I've brought into Excel.
Excel makes it easy to compare one file with another.

I record a macro to:
F2 to Edit a cell,
SHIFT + HOME to select all of the text in the cell,
CTRL-X to MOVE the text into the clipboard,
UP ARROW to get to the above cell,
F2 to edit this cell
CTRL+V to paste previously copied text to this cell
and ENTER to finalize this cell

When I play this back on the next pair of cells, either the concatentated
text of the forst cell ends up in the new cell, or the text that was in the
original first cell is copied to the end of the new second cell.

When I look at the Macro editor, I see not keystrokes but keystroke actions.
Seems like there was a script editor that use to do what I'm looking for,
but I guess Mr. Gates eliminated this many Excel versions ago.

Can any one help?

--
DonD'Cajun