Mark Hone

Hi Paul,

Do the documents you are trying to open end in .xlt rather than .xls? In
other words, are the templates rather than workbooks?

The behaviour you describe is that when you use a template. To open a
template for editing from Windows Explorer, right-click and select 'Open'
rather than 'New', which is the default when double-clicking the file.

Kind regards,

Mark

"Paul Trenter" wrote:

Hi all, can't find a fix for this anywhere. When I open any Excel document
up it launches the application but then adds the number '1' at the end of the
file name. It doesn't seem to do this if I open a file from within excel.

Any Ideas?