Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PaulD PaulD is offline

Default Links Box

How much data are you talking? You could write you own code using events to
read / write to the database so there would be no prompting.
Paul D

"Gordon" wrote in message
: Hi Dave...
:
: Neither of these sit well with what I'm trying to do. I need a bigger
stick
: to sort this one out so that every user on any machine will never be
asked. I
: haven't given up hope yet!
:
: Thanks
:
: Gordon...
:
: "Dave Peterson" wrote:
:
: Saved from a previous post:
:
: You can toggle the setting (user by user, though) via:
:
: Tools|Options|Edit Tab.
: There's a checkmark for "ask to update automatic links"
:
: But this means that you suppress the question--the links still get
updated.
:
: This setting is for the individual user--and affects all their
workbooks.
:
: If you want more control:
: Try creating a dummy workbook whose only purpose is to open the original
: workbook with links updated:
:
: Kind of like:
:
: Option Explicit
: Sub auto_open()
: Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\my documents\excel\book2.xls",
UpdateLinks:=1
: ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
: End Sub
:
: Then you open the dummy workbook and the links will be refreshed.
: (read about that UpdateLinks argument in VBA's help.)
:
: Gordon wrote:
:
: Hi.
:
: Users of my spreadsheet are opening the file are being asked whether
they
: want to update links or edit links. I want this box not to appear.
I've been
: into options but these rules vary from machine to machine. I need some
code
: that will absoloutley not allow this box or options to show.
:
: I'm eternally grateful to any genius who kindly responds with an
equally
: genius answer...
:
: Thanks