Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Programming Office 2007 and compatibility with old office

It is not so much backwards compatibility that is the issue IMO, but rather
that the much hyped improved user interface takes a lot of getting used to.

You could work without using the new functionality, but it will take some
adaptation on your part.

Also, customising the ribbon is nowhere near as simple as customising
command was.

--
HTH

Bob

"travis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm considering upgrading some of my machines to Office 2007, I have
2002 and 2003 running on other machines.

My main concern is regarding compatibility of my custom apps. I don't
merely mean binding the right object library, I mean Office 2007 is
supposedly a radical reinvention of Office (if you believe the hype)
and perhaps a lot of the methods which worked for the older versions
might not have parallels at all in the new one.

I'm not expecting someone to write me a treatise on the subject from
this newsgroup, but would appreciate pointers to some good web
resources that discuss this issue.

Thanks

Travis