Dave Peterson

Some people have reported that changing the base hyperlink address sometimes
fixes the problem.

File|Properties|summary tab
Hyperlink base: c:\

Personally, I like to use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. I find them
easier to change:

=hyperlink("file:////" & "L:\thatlongpath\file.pdf","Click me")

or even with that longpathfilename in an adjacent cell:

=hyperlink("file:////" & a12,"click me")

(and I've never seen the addresses in the =hyperlink() function change
magically!)

Corne wrote:

This week I have changed from excel 1997 to 2003. When I press on my
hyperlink to a file I get the message "the address from this site is
not valid. Check the address and try again (in dutch)" When ik correct
my hyperlink-address again, it works again, but when I SAVE the file
the hyperlink adjust again and I get the same message.

The hyperlink changes from:

L:\publicaties\bibliotheek\accreditaties_certifica ties\I006-RvA
certificaat zwartwit (uk).pdf

to:

./../BESTAND/publicaties/bibliotheek/accreditaties_certificaties/I006-RvA
certificaat zwartwit (uk).pdf

verandering van \ naar / ?

L: is our server...

Thanks,