R.VENKATARAMAN

many thanks. my file is local- this is only computer.(home use).
I have already assumed that the file is corrputed and am trying to recreate
the file. what are the possible reasons for corruptions so that I can be
careful in future.
open office download is more than 64 MB

kind regards.
================

JE McGimpsey wrote in message
Is your file local or on a server? If the latter, are your permissions
set correctly?

The file may be corrupted. If so, XL02 and XL03 are better able to
handle corruption than previous versions. I've also had success opening
corrupted files with the free OpenOffice Calc:

http://openoffice.org

In article ,
"R.VENKATARAMAN" $$$ wrote:

suddenly I am not be able to open one of my often used excel file.
when I click this file to open I get an error message
"unable to read file"

what could be the problem. I am regularly checking for antivirus

though
old engine of mcaffe(updated weekly) and AVG free vesions (updated

almost
daily).

is there any solution to retrieve the file.