Dave Peterson

In xl2k, don't you get a nice little yellow tooltip that tells you what line
you've scrolled to?

(If you upgrade to xl2002+, you'll get that live scrolling.)

Fred Holmes wrote:

Windows 2000, Excel 2000

In Excel 2000, when I drag the scroll button on the scroll bar with
the mouse, nothing happens until I release the mouse button (stop the
drag) and then the worksheet "jumps" to the new position. I don't
know where to stop when I am dragging the scroll button, because I
don't see what is happening until after I stop.

With Word and other programs, when I drag the scroll button with the
mouse, the workspace scrolls continuously as I drag and I know where
to stop.

How can I fix Excel to exhibit this latter behavior?

Scrolling by clicking on the scroll arrows does scroll the worksheet
continuously, but it is much too slow for long scrolls.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes

--

Dave Peterson