Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Deleting unwanted files

Some mo

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822107/
How to use startup folders in Excel
(also has links to other articles)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826922/en-us
How to prevent files from opening automatically in Excel 2003 and in Excel
2002

Tom Ogilvy

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

William

ToolsOptionsGeneral

Delete any path in "At start up, open all files in"

Or move the files out of that folder......most users prefer to have no path at
all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 15 Feb 2007 11:48:03 -0800, "William" wrote:

Using Excel 2000. Excel opens by preloading 6 files. I only want the
one file that I saved to xlstart. Using Windows Explorer I find only
the correct file in that location. The other files may be stored in a
temp file. I can't find where these files are located, so I can't
delete them. How can I stop these unwanted files from loading?