Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default differrent fonts on parts of text

In my latest case, it was all red fonted, and I wanted the 2nd half to be
blue. When I hit F2 it would turn blue, apparently remembering from my
prior attempts, but when I hit enter, it would go back to red. I did edit
clear formats and I noticed that it got rid of the red font on the first
part but the second part turned to blue, almost as if it thought blue was
the default font. Does this make any sense?

"Dean" wrote in message
I definitely meant manually. When, I hit F2, and change some of it to blue
font, I see the blue font, but as soon as I hit enter, or escape, it goes
away. In fact, if I hit F2 again, after that, the blue font shows again in
the edit mode, as if it remembers that I set it to blue font! But, once
again, when I hit enter, it is gone. I don't ever recall having this
problem in the past. Could I be in some weird editing mode I don't know
about?

Thanks!
Dean

Manually or progammatically?

With text in a cell hit F2.

Select the potion to color and/or underline then format that portion.

OR play with this macro.

Sub CellFont()
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, length:=5).Font
.ColorIndex = 3
.Bold = True
.Underline = True
.Size = 14
End With
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=6, length:=3).Font
.Superscript = True
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:23:04 -0800, "Dean"
wrote:

Unless my memory is really failing me, I seem to recall the ability to
change the format on only part of the text in a cell, such as underlining
the last few words, or making some of it blue font, etc, etc. I don't
seem
to be able to do that lately and I am wondering why. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dean