Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gimp Gimp is offline

Default Excel will not open

Additional note, as I'm researching this problem I see I can no longer
open any excel file by double clicking on it. It will open if I open
Excel App first, then access the file(s) via the File Open button.
Again, any thoughts on this would be great....

Gimp wrote:
I'm not sure what I've done or how to fix it. But, I added the
following to a macro:

Application.Visible = False
UserForm1.Show
Application.Visible = True

I was attempting to hide the worksheets behind the form, it seemed to
work OK until I clicked on a button that was to copy values from
various comboboxes and textboxes to a sheet and perform a print
preview. (which worked perfectly until I added the above code.)

Once I hit the button, excel shut down on me and now the workbook will
not open, as if the 'application.visible = false' is still running. If
I open Microsoft Excel, a blank sheet, then open my workbook, it will
open. But, when I go to the code, it's not there? Can anyone clue me
in on what I did? And is there a way to fix it? Also, I copied this
now open file and saved it to another name, but still won't open when
it's doubled clicked...