Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Error '7' Run out of memory while filling in a cell with a formula

In Excel help, under "specifications", it states that formulas are limited to 1024 characters.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Eduard"
wrote in message
My idea is to write a formula in a cell that makes the addition of different
cells that are not always in the same position. To do that I create a string
where I store the information of the cells to be added in the relative
reference like that:
Data(n, 1, k) = "" & Data(n, 1, k) & "+R[" & i - lim - k & "]C"

where i, lim and k are variables that give the position of the elements to
be added. At the final stage I put all this info in a TOTAL cell like that:
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & Data(n, 1, k) & ""

The system runs perfectly for small amount of additions, but when it should
add more than 114 cells then the bug appears: error '7' run out of memory.
Does it exist any solution? Or is it compulsary to split this addition?
Thanks in advance for your time and do not hesitate to ask me further
details if needed.