Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alton Jones[_2_] Alton Jones[_2_] is offline

Default MicroSoft Office Development Tool Kit (SDK)

Hi Mike,

I believe I was mistaken in thinking there was a MS Office SDK. I purchased
MS Office and later purchased MS Access SDK to have a reseller license for
the custom Access databases I created.

It has been years since I have developed applications as you may have
noticed...and my brain is a bit fuzzy.

:-)

I did some additional research and discovered that one can use Microsoft's
Information Rights Management capability found only in a MS Office Pro
purchase to control documents. However, there is a concern about having the
rights to resell one's document.

I thought reselling a spreadsheet was like reselling a purchased copy of MS
Excel...

Maybe I'm missing something...

Would you agree that Microsoft enables developers to create documents from
its applications for resell, because only licensed end-users can view that
purchased document?

So, is there some type of SDK for MS Excel, like there was for MS Access?
If so, what is it called now?

Any additional product specifications (e.g., white papers) would be
appreciated.

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Alton -

I am not a lawyer, but as far as I know, you do not have to "buy some sort
of plug-in/add-in to enable the user to have resell rights of their custom
developed application..."

As an example, I sell Excel add-ins (developed using XLM and VBA in standard
Excel) at http://www.treeplan.com.

But, perhaps I am not understanding your question, or maybe you have
something else in mind.

- Mike

"Alton Jones" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

What I'm looking for is the current version of what was once called the
Microsoft Office Development Tool Kit (SDK).

Perhaps it has a new name...

Perhaps it's bundles with something else...

Perhaps one has to buy MS Offfice Professional and then has to buy some
sort
of plug-in/add-in to enable the user to have resell rights of their custom
developed application...

I look forward to your reply.

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Alton Jones -

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Exce.../dp/1556156324

But it is quite possible to develop Excel applications and Excel add-ins
using only Excel's built-in VBA.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"Alton Jones" <Alton wrote in message
I am looking for the replacement package for the above referenced
application
which I purchased in the mid-1990s and have since misplaced. I am
interested
in developing MS Excel applications for resell.