Dave Peterson

Saved from a previous post:

You could try:

Tools|options|General tab|Ignore other applications (check it)

Then double click on the workbook in windows explorer.

And be aware that turning this setting on sometimes gives errors with workbooks
that contain spaces in their path/name:

C:\my documents\excel\my book.xls

The error will look kind of like:
cannot find c:\my ..
then
cannot find documents\excel\my
then
cannot find book.xls

==
It may be easier/safer/more reliable to start the second instance and then
File|open the workbook.

And I just use another shortcut (placed on the desktop) to start that second
instance--

or I use Windows|start button|run
excel
and hit enter.

Bewildered Analyst :) wrote:

I have seen this before, but now unable to find the answer.

How do you set-up Excel 2003 to launch a seperate instance of Excel on the
desktop (run two Excel applications of the same version at the same time)?

Note: I am not asking about seperate spreadsheets, but application instances
itself.

Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson