Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Ribbons / VBA example

I understand. It would make it clearer if you could add this on the online
doc.

Me?<g

Simply add a button to the QAT that allows me to open/close a macro.

While you can do this manually it cannot be done by macro. There is no
macro interface for modifying the QAT.

The best you can do is, I believe, to settle for a 2-click access to your
macro. You could achieve this by first adding (manually) "Menu Commands" to
the QAT. Then if you run a macro that adds a button to any built-in Excel
menu, it will automatically be added to "Menu Commnds". E.g.:

With CommandBars("File").Controls.Add(msoControlButton, , , , True)
.Caption = "MyBtn"
.OnAction = "MyMacro"
End With

--