Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default named range in conditional formatting

If you select the named range first, then apply format|conditional formatting it
should work.

Joanne wrote:

Dave Peterson generously gave me this conditional formatting statement
to toggle greenbar on and off based on content of $A$1 and it works
great.

=AND($A$1<"",MOD(ROW(),2)=1)

I would like to know if it is possible, and if so, where in the
statement do I put it, to add a named range to this statement so it
will work on only the rows and columns I want it to work on. I tried
highlighting the area I want to shade, then doing the conditional
formatting, but then only row 1 of the spreadsheet gets shaded. I need
to name ranges so that only the rows of numerics get greenbarred, and
none of the header rows and/or comment rows get colored.

Any help you can give will sure be appreciated.

Thank You
Joanne

--

Dave Peterson