Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Confusion with Names

One is the tab name that you see on the tab, the other is the codename.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/codemods.htm
Chip Pearson has a explanation.

In the project explorer it is
Codename (tabname)

In the properties window, the codename is (name), the tab name is name

just the opposite.

Rename a sheet tab and have a look.

Tom Ogilvy

"mfq" wrote in message
ups.com...
When I go to the VBA IDE of a workbook, I see the Project Explorer,
Properties Window, and the Code window. If I look at the Project
Explorer, each worksheet is titled Sheet1(Sheet1). In the Properties
Window, I see two types of names: (Name) and Name, i.e., one enclosed
in parenthesis and the other not. What are the differences between
these two types of names for the worksheet?
I want the user to have the ability to change the worksheet names but
not have it affect my code. I tried Index and Item but those refer to
the position of the sheet and not it's "name".

Michael
VBA Beginner