Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zone Zone is offline

Default Google Beta Reply to Author

I've been looking into the Google Beta version for Groups. It still
has a few warts, but Reply to Author seems to be a very nice feature,
since it allows a poster to send me his/her e-mail address for passing
files without either of us posting our address in the newsgroup.
Satisfies a real need, it seems to me. They will be able to see my
e-mail address on their sent mail, but at least we don't have to post
our addresses in the ng to pass files. I can always just delete their
e-mail if necessary. I would prefer to explictly allow the poster to
e-mail me, but ng security is weak anyway, so this is an improvement.
Any comments? James