Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Pfister Bill Pfister is offline

Default Macros sometimes automatically disabled

Olson, I've never seen an instance where the Enable/Disable dialog doesn't
show if the Security setting is medium. Does it occur consistently to the
same file(s)?

I'm assuming that you are manually opening the file as opposed to files
being opened programmatically...?

"olson" wrote:

Bill Pfister wrote:
Macro security settings are generally workstation specific, not workbook
specific. It is unlikely that a workbook is manipulating these settings.
Check out this page, specifically try altering your registry setting (if
you're comfortable doing so) and see if it helps.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...362661033.aspx

Bill

Not allowed to touch the registry. I don't really care about the
security settings - just added that to indicate that I had attempted to
get the enable/disable screen to disappear to see if that fixed the
problem.

Any other ideas what might be causing this problem or how to fix it?