Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Weekday Function Returns Wrong Number

Use Date instead of Today

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Thomas M." wrote in message ...
Excel 2003

I created the following very simple subroutine as a test.

Sub CheckDay()
MsgBox Weekday(Today)
End Sub

The message box displays the number 7. Unfortunately, today is Monday and the message box should display the number 2. I've
verified that my system time and date are correct. It seems to me that I've run into this before and that the fix is easy, but
I'm just drawing a complete blank and searches of the on-line help have been fruitless. Can anyone tell me how to make this
simple subroutine return the correct number for the day of the week?

--Tom