Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Copyright or Secure a workbook

Me neither. I just kinda think this is fun (in a weird propeller head kinda
way).If you want to get good at Excel start answering questions on this
forum. It forces you to solve thousand of different problems and to see how
your method stacks up agianst some of the best coders in the business.
Warning though... you need to park your ego at the door and be prepared to
have your errors pointed out in a very public way. No matter how hard you try
you ware going to take the criticism personal every so often. If you want to
hire someone I would recommed Chip Pearson, JE McGimpse or Debra Dagliesh off
the top of my head.

How do you get the Silver 2 and the MVP. Where I have posted you will see
that my name is Highlighted in Blue. If you click on that you will see my
profile because I have made mine public (if it were private then you would
not see the silver 2). At 50 helpful responses (Helpful responses indicated
with green check marks made by the poster clicking Yes for "Was this post
helpful") you get a bronze 3. At 100 you get a Silver 2 and at 500 you get a
gold 1. (I currently am around 400. On average you get 1 check mark for every
10 posts but who's counting). Tom's MVP is because Microsoft (and the Excel
community in general) is so deeply indebted to him that they have made him an
MVP (one of only a handful in the world). Seriously Tom do you have a job or
is this what you do full time...

Now for a personal rant. For all of those people posting directly through
the Microsoft Discussion Group if the post was helpful then choose yes so
that the person who answered the question knows that the post worked out.
Perhaps even post a quick "Thank You". If the post did not work out then
don't click the Yes. When I see the green check I assume to a certain degree
that what I said worked.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

I don't.

Tom Ogilvy

"Christmas May" wrote in message
BearTrap, Thomlinson, Ogilvy,

VERY interesting discussion. Thought I would commend you three for the
insight.

Sincerely,

Christmas May

P.S. How does Thomlinson get the silver circled 2 behind his name? How
does Ogilvy get the MVP behind his name. I'm assuming the two individuals
or
groups that make up Thomlinson and Ogilvy do software development full
time?
If so, do either of you two have a website so I can hire you when/if the
need
arises?