David Biddulph

"BP" wrote in message
"RagDyeR" wrote:
Try copying it to your HD,
THEN, right click it in Windows Explorer,
Choose "Properties",
Find where "Attributes" resides in your Windows version (General Tab ?)
And *UNCHECK* "Read Only".

Most XL files burned to CDs will automatically acquire the "ReadOnly"
attribute.

I already have saved to HD and gone through step to uncheck read-only and
the
result is always the same read-only file after saving to CD-R. I don't
care
how I do it or what kind of disk I save it on, but I need to save it to
something that allows it to be functional (size=5,406KB). Thanks for your
time.

If you're saying that you don't want to copy the file to and fro between CD
& HD, and that you want to work directly from the transportable media, then
your question is not really about Excel but about transportable media that
can be used to write as well as read. Why not use one of the thumb-sized
USB drives (Jump Drive, Flash Drive, or whatever), rather than CD?
--
David Biddulph