Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default update then move down

If you insert a row to enter you number, the formula in column C should adjust

so in C2 put in =IF(AND(A3="",A2<""),A2-$A$1,"")

then format = Cell = Number tab, choose custom

[Blue]General;[Red]General;General

then select C2 and drag fill down as far as necessary.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jerry" wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure how to word this or I would search more on Google for the
answers before asking.

In my spreadsheet, in Column A I have dollar amounts that I enter daily. A1
is my starting number. I would like a total in column C that stays (moves
down) 1 row under the last number entered in Column A. In Column C, the cell
would display the difference between the last number entered in Column A and
the first number entered in Column A. I guess while I am asking, I would
like the Column C number to be blue or red in color depending if the last
number in Column A is larger or smaller than the first one.

Thanks,
Jerry