Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
teabag teabag is offline

Default VBA project duplicated in Project Explorer

Thanks for your time, Tom - at least I know I'm not alone with this one.
Regards,
teabag

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Closing and opening the file is what causes the problem as I understand it.
I can't say what the technical issue is, but most people don't have a
problem with it.

Tom Ogilvy

"teabag" wrote in message
For Tom: OOOPS! Sorry, just realised that the closing and reopening I
have
been doing was of the file only. Just tried closing Excel and reopening
and
the problem was cleared. Still seems a bit of a pain to have to do this
every time I close the file, but better than a full reboot.

Thanks again,

teabag

"teabag" wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom, however closing and reopening does not
clear
up my problem. This morning I started with one set of project items
(workbook, worksheet, modules), closed, reopened, found two sets of
identical
items; closed again, reopened and now have three.

I'm going to try rebooting now, since the duplicates I had yesterday had
indeed disappeared this morning; however a full reboot is a bit drastic
every
time you want to try out a bit of code in Open or Close Workbook!

I'd be grateful for any further help if available.

teabag

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

It has never happended to me, but I have seen it discussed. Most say
if
they close excel and reopen it clears up.

I suggest you do that when it occurs.

Tom Ogilvy

"teabag" wrote in message
Please could someone suggest why I get multiple versions of my VBA
project
in
Project Explorer? It's irritating because changes I make to the code
in
one
"clone" don't have any effect if the worksheet seems to be paying
attention
to another one.

It seems to be OK if I consistently enter changes only into the
uppermost
version of the project (provided I remember to avoid the others) -
but why
are the duplicates there anyway?

Sometimes it goes back to one version on reopening the workbook;
currently
have three identical-looking versions in Project Explorer and I'm
worried
that some changes will get lost if I accidentally enter in the wrong
clone...