Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Hide negative values!!!

So you don't want to HIDE, you want to PREVENT/CHANGE negative numbers. Big
difference.
I'm pretty confused now: If you want values in A6 to be limited to positive
numbers, you have to use a formula in A6. Having a formula in A7 doesn't
help. The MAX function as noted in travis' post would do the trick. If you
don't wan't to use a formula in A6 but rather absolute values, then you
would have to write a macro the change all negative values.

If you just don't want to show negative numbers in your chart, then why
don't you configure the chart accordingly? Set the minimum value of your
scale to zero. This is much better than manipulate the basic data of your
chart. Changing negatives to zero would result in a misleading chart (ask
any investor how he would like to see the profit development of a company,
with all losses turned into zero results).

Cheers,

Joerg

"San" wrote in message
oups.com...

San wrote:
Yeah the format thing works.

With the formula it doesn't. I don't put the formula in the cell A6 I
put it in say A7 or anyother cell it still gives me the formula error

Could I make the negative values in cell A6 to zero. So instead of a
negative number I get zero, so I only calculate with positive numbers,

This is because I use the numbers for a graph and I don't want negative
values.

thx alot