Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Get Add-in Description with VBA

In XLA's, it is usually in the BuiltinDocumentProperties("Title")

? Workbooks("ATPVBAEN.xla").BuiltinDocumentPropertie s("Title").Value
Analysis ToolPak - VBA

However, not every addin appears in the workbooks collection, so you might
need to download the DSO DLL and use the FullName to extract it from the
file itself.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=224351
FILE: DSOFILE.EXE Lets You Read Document Properties w/o Office Installed

It is not something I have had need to do, but if I build an addin, I put
the title there and that is what appears in Tools=Addins.

I suspect there will be exceptions and someone may have an easier way.

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

I am writing a loop that captures each Add-in on a PC. I can get Name,
Path, Installed, etc, but am wondering how I can capture the
description that you see when you click in Excel: Tools, Add-ins.

Any suggestions appreciated

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia