Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
travis[_3_] travis[_3_] is offline

Default Shrinking buttons

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
If you really mean you are changing the screen resolution and not the zoom
setting, this would be considered very bad behavior for an application.in a
multitasking environment.

No, I'm not changing the screen resolution with the program.

I'm developing this app on a home PC without much grunt. When I play
movies, games etc in the screen's maximum resolution it doesn't go
well. Movies are sticky and choppy etc. So I set the resolution to
something the screen can handle.

But if I am doing a very complex spreadsheet, its handy to be able to
see more of it without scrolling, so I crank up the screen to the
maximum resolution.

If I do this before opening Excel, I haven't noticed any problems. But
if I do this while Excel is running, crazy stuff happens like control
buttons shrinking down to tiny dots and font sizes on controls going
haywire.

I know, the obvious solution is don't change screen res while Excel is
running.

I don't, now that I've established that there is a link between
changing resolution and these weird bugs.

But rather than tiptoe around silly bugs, I'd rather fix them. Anyone
know if there is anything I can do about the problem, properly?

Travis