Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arne Hegefors Arne Hegefors is offline

Default Error handler resume

Hell NickHK. I tried your code and I got the same type of problem. After the
Error 666 the code gives me "Give up". Now I dont know how to do this but I
just want to call the error handler from my sub. In the error handler give
the user some simple message and then keep going in the sub as if nothing
happend. Is that impossible? Shall I just stick with a message box in the
sub? Please help me out here! Thanks very much!

PS Tom I really appreciate your answer but I did not really understand what
it meant. Sorry... Thanks very much.

"NickHK" skrev:

Arne,
Surely you don't the If as you have the select case
Handler:
Select Case Err.Number
Case 600
'do something......
Case 666
Msgbox "666 error"
Resume Next
Case Else
msgbox "Give Up"
End select

NickHK

"Arne Hegefors" ...
I have a sub in which I call an error handler if certain requirements are
met. I call the error handler and give a message to the user but I want to
continue where the error was. Now it contnues in the main sub for some
reason.

Code for error handler:

Handler:
Select Case Err.Number
Case 600
If Err.Number = 666 Then
Resume Next
End If
end select

and in the sub I call the error handler for that particukar error using:

Err.Raise 666

Please help me out here! Many thanks in advance!