Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Spoon Spoon is offline

Default excel

I tried this and it worked. I would get the same error message as below while
opening an attachment. If I opened a file on my desktop, it would just not
open. (no error) It all works now. Thanks for the info and thanks for asking
the question.

"Dice31213" wrote:

I tried this, but it doesn't work. Maybe I will just get someone to come and
look at it. Thanks for your time and knowledge.

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,

- not sure but what is the 'Ignore Other Applications' setting in excel?
(menu Tools Options, tab General). If checked, try unchecking it. If not,
then i have no idea.
- as a last resort, you can download the file from the email and ten open it
from your hard drive. But that's probably what you are doing now.
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Dice31213" wrote:

I am having a problem with opening attatched excel files. Every time I try
to open one from an email it pops up a box that says "The system cannot find
the file specified." I don't have a clue what could be wrong. I can still
open Excel files already saved on my hard drive but not ones sent as an
attachment from an email. Can anyone help?