Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] cjesag@aol.com is offline

Default print pdf's with changing filenames in a macro

Very close. I looked up "printout" in the help file. It says:

PrintToFile Optional Variant. True to print to a file. Microsoft
Excel prompts the user to enter the name of the output file. There's
no way to specify the filename from Visual Basic. This option is not
available on the Macintosh.

I have a Mac with Office v.X

I never figured it made a difference or I'd have mentioned it before.
Any way to work around it?
Thanks a lot for all of your help.
Charlie

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Your using xl97 or earlier? Because that argument is supported in xl2000
and later.

From xl2000 help on Printout
expression.PrintOut(From, To, Copies, Preview, ActivePrinter, PrintToFile,
Collate, PrToFileName)

Tom Ogilvy