Amedee Van Gasse

In , yarp told us
an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

Imagine being able to have 9 additional mini-cells where cell A1 is.
They'll be called A1.A1:A1.C3. A1 won't disappear, it can have a
value as well, for example: =SUM(A1.A1:A1.C3). If I want to use this
sub-level of split cells, I have to define it, so I select a
high-level cell (or a group of cells), go to the "Data" menu and
select "Sub-level split cells" and enter the number of rows and
columns I want for that cell or for each of the cells in the group.
Just like subtotals, one can choose to show the sub-level instead of
the high-level cells. If the high-level cell is blank, the sub-level
will show. I'm sure every one of you will be able to think how you
would use this feature if it was available.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...mspx?mid=cb118
67c-e626-463d-a2c5-1664c63c3b95&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Too complicated! KISS: Keep It Simple and Stupid!
I would just put the data on another worksheet, perhaps hidden if
required.

--
Amedee Van Gasse