Alan

Hi Yarp,
Microsoft takes a fair hammering from all and sundry but in my opinion Excel
is the best there is available. What you are proposing here would I suppose
be of use in certain circumstances but how often would it be required? Only
so much can be put into any program without it becoming so complex that its
user friendly characteristics disappear,
Regards,
Alan.
"yarp" wrote in message
Imagine being able to have 9 additional mini-cells where cell A1 is.
They'll
be called A1.A1:A1.C3. A1 won't disappear, it can have a value as well,
for
example: =SUM(A1.A1:A1.C3). If I want to use this sub-level of split
cells, I
have to define it, so I select a high-level cell (or a group of cells), go
the "Data" menu and select "Sub-level split cells" and enter the number of
rows and columns I want for that cell or for each of the cells in the
group.
Just like subtotals, one can choose to show the sub-level instead of the
high-level cells. If the high-level cell is blank, the sub-level will
show.
I'm sure every one of you will be able to think how you would use this
feature if it was available.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.