Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default Is it possible to create a editable textbox?

Hi Nick

If you have VB6 or some other Visual Studio installed, then you are allowed
to use this and that control in designtime, you're a programmer. VB6 code is
compiled, so your VB6 apps can be deployed to other users pretty easy, the
controls will run in runtime only on their systems (the "redistribulable"
part). But VBA is not compiled, the users can open their VB editor and
reprogram the userforms el al. Lots of controls refuse to work in that
design time environment without a design time license. So having the control
is one thing, having them properly registered is another, but they may still
refuse to work.

It is confusing, it has a name (dll hell) and it will never be easy or
predictable.

HTH.Best wishes Harald

"NickHK" skrev i melding
Joerg,
OK, on my machine, I have VB6 installed as well, so my "Microsoft Rich

Text
Box Control 6.0 (SP6)" is may be installed from that.
I also have a Chinese W2K with Office 2K + SP3 and that has a rich text

box
available.
But another English W2K with Office 2K (no SPs) does not have the control
available (although installing SP3 no makes no difference).

So, now I'm not sure on this as availability seems to be "may be".

The control is available for download from
http://www.xerocreative.com/index.ph...d&sub=runtimes, although if
this is legal or not I couldn't say, but it is marked as redistributable

in
VB6.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message
Well, there is a "Microsoft Rich Text Box Control 6.0 (SP4)" in the

list,
but trying to put it on the sheet produces a "cannot insert object". If

try to add it to the toolbox of the Macro Editor, the icon appears, but

when
I try to put it onto a form I get "The subject is not trusted for the
specified action". As far as I can see this control came with an

external
add-on and does not belong to the original Excel2003. Maybe you refer to

different control. What's its name?

Joerg

"NickHK" wrote in message
Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg