Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is it possible to create a editable textbox?

*
Hello!

I want to create a editable textbox in a UserForm like a MS WORD tha
the user can edit the text (font, color, size, align...). This tex
will be show in a label or textbox in other UserForm in a programmabl
time if no user interference.

PS: this programmable time is already soon.

Thanks!

--
Tim Armstron

Tim Armstrong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3716
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56879

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tim Armstrong"
wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c4w5g_1154893809.2638@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Hello!

I want to create a editable textbox in a UserForm like a MS WORD that
the user can edit the text (font, color, size, align...). This text
will be show in a label or textbox in other UserForm in a programmable
time if no user interference.

1) textboxes are editable by default, i.e. the text can be "edited" by the
user
2) What you mean is "formatting". Here it's all or nothing: The user can
change font, font-size, color etc. only for the whole textbox, not for parts
of it. You will have to provide a user interface for making these changes.

Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,
Use a Rich Text Box if you need different font/size etc in the single box.

NickHK

"Tim Armstrong"
wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c4w5g_1154893809.2638@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Hello!

I want to create a editable textbox in a UserForm like a MS WORD that
the user can edit the text (font, color, size, align...). This text
will be show in a label or textbox in other UserForm in a programmable
time if no user interference.

PS: this programmable time is already soon.

Thanks!
*

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

--
Tim Armstron

Tim Armstrong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3716
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56879

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,
In the VBA Toolbox you should have an icon with horizontal blue lines and an
"A" in the bottom right hand corner. Add that control to your user form.

NickHK

"Tim Armstrong"
wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

*

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

*
NickHK,

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, but I don't found this "tool".
I´m using Excel 2000.
:(

*

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37161
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tim Armstrong"
wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,
If it is not visible (although I thought it was included by default), right
click on the Toolbox and select "Additional Controls...". Scroll down the
list to "Microsoft Rich Textbox control and check the box on the left. Now
you will have this control in the toolbox.

NickHK

"Tim Armstrong"
wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5jj8_1154924111.7401@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
NickHK,

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, but I don't found this "tool".
I´m using Excel 2000.
:(

*

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, there is a "Microsoft Rich Text Box Control 6.0 (SP4)" in the list,
but trying to put it on the sheet produces a "cannot insert object". If I
try to add it to the toolbox of the Macro Editor, the icon appears, but when
I try to put it onto a form I get "The subject is not trusted for the
specified action". As far as I can see this control came with an external
add-on and does not belong to the original Excel2003. Maybe you refer to a
different control. What's its name?

Joerg

"NickHK" wrote in message
Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joerg,
OK, on my machine, I have VB6 installed as well, so my "Microsoft Rich Text
Box Control 6.0 (SP6)" is may be installed from that.
I also have a Chinese W2K with Office 2K + SP3 and that has a rich text box
available.
But another English W2K with Office 2K (no SPs) does not have the control
available (although installing SP3 no makes no difference).

So, now I'm not sure on this as availability seems to be "may be".

The control is available for download from
http://www.xerocreative.com/index.ph...d&sub=runtimes, although if
this is legal or not I couldn't say, but it is marked as redistributable in
VB6.

NickHK

"NickHK" wrote in message
Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the bottomline is: Control may or may not be available and may or
may not work (BTW: do your controls work with Excel?). So it's probably not
a solution for Excel applications to be distributed to other persons.
Joerg

"NickHK" wrote in message
Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joerg,
The 2 systems that have the control, it functions as expected.
There's to stop you using one of the (free) available installation package
to install/register it if it's not present.
Assuming the control is freely distributable.

NickHK

"NickHK" wrote in message
Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As you are using XL2003, this probably applies:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838010

The suggested work around is to wrap the rich text box in a user control.
You have VB6 available for this ?
If not, I'm sure someone has done it already. If not, let me know and I'll
see about writing one.

NickHK

"NickHK" wrote in message
Joerg,
Yes it does. See my previous post.

NickHK

"Joerg" wrote in message

"Tim Armstrong"

wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c5g27_1154919610.9346@excelfor um-nospam.com...

*
Thanks guys!

But, how can I do this?

So am I. Excel doesn't provide a RichTextBox control.
Joerg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK,

I´m using Excel 2000 with no SP(x)...

Is it possible to create a solution?

THANKS A LOT NickHK again!!

:)

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37161
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,
You can download and register the control from the link in my earlier post,
but as there seems so many versions of this control, with various wrappers
and also the Office.Forms instead of "normal" VB 5/6 controls, not to
mention the various restrictions that seems to apply, I have no idea.
All I can say is that the controls works fine on most of the systems I have
available, but I do not know the reason when/if it is installed.

NickHK

"Tim Armstrong"
wrote in message
news:Tim.Armstrong.2c60ns_1154946307.4615@excelfor um-nospam.com...

NickHK,

I´m using Excel 2000 with no SP(x)...

Is it possible to create a solution?

THANKS A LOT NickHK again!!

:)

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK,

Thanks a lot.
I'll try this...

--
Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37161
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568794

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick

If you have VB6 or some other Visual Studio installed, then you are allowed
to use this and that control in designtime, you're a programmer. VB6 code is
compiled, so your VB6 apps can be deployed to other users pretty easy, the
controls will run in runtime only on their systems (the "redistribulable"
part). But VBA is not compiled, the users can open their VB editor and
reprogram the userforms el al. Lots of controls refuse to work in that
design time environment without a design time license. So having the control
is one thing, having them properly registered is another, but they may still
refuse to work.

It is confusing, it has a name (dll hell) and it will never be easy or
predictable.

HTH.Best wishes Harald

"NickHK" skrev i melding

"NickHK" wrote in message