Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rod Rod is offline

Default Open an Excel Document using VB

I am new to VB. I was told Access cannot update xls via access, but must use
VB. I do not know of a VB community so am hoping this forum can help me
without breaking any rules. Here is the problem:

1) open the XLS file for read/write
2) find the next record eligible to be read signified by an "ImportDate" col
with the date it was imported in it. Find the next blank ImportDate - blank
signifies has not been imported yet.
3) I will need to store that record's LastName and PhoneNumber fields to be
placed in an Access tbl:

Source data file RRD Export.XLS
Last Name PhoneNumber
Doe John 5556667777

tblCandidates should receive:
tblCandidates.Number:5556667777
tblCandidates.Candidates:Doe John

When done, RRD Export.xls should look like:
Doe John 5556667777 08/06/2006

4) Once the first elligible record to be inported has been found, it should
read "X" amount of records from that point. "X" records should be determined
by an input, "Requested Record", from the user.

5) Once the "X" number of records has been read, it should end.

I think is not a tough thing to do, but I am new to VB programming and
could use the help.

Thanks