Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DaMcH47D DaMcH47D is offline

Default Merge different excel spreadsheets w/common range but differnt

Thanks Nick and Steve.

I will give them both a shot, but I do not think the vlookup function will
be effective. The database is for stock in a warehouse. Unfortunately,
there are several pieces of each where stock numbers are exactly the same,
the only difference is the serial number. The other proprietary database
contains data about all the stocks throughout the entire organization
worldwide, to include price and shelf life info, not just my 13000 items.
It is keyed by the stock number. So, the value is unique in the other
database, but there may be several instances of that number in my database.
Will try more and let you know how it goes. Thanks for both of your replies.

"steven1001" wrote:

it sounds like you could use vlookup as long as the value for 'name' is
unique in either of the two sheets.

--
steven1001
steven1001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30757