Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default How to create a custom function

Marcie,
Don't use percentages; 0.9

NickHK

"Marcie" wrote in message
Steve, thank you but how do I write "If the percentage of TotalPoints
etc...." when I type "If percentage of total..." I cant use the word
percentage in my formula. do you know how I can get it to work? Do I

need
to type something defining percentage of total?
Thanks

"Steve Yandl" wrote:

Marcie,

This doesn't answer your question entirely but it is probably enough of

head start to let you set something up:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm#Grades

Steve

"Marcie" wrote in message
I need to create a custom function called LetterGrade that uses two
arguments
TotalPossible and TotalPoints based on the following;
If percentage of TotalPoints/TotalPossible is =90% the letter grade
should
be an A, etc. When I type the word percentage it shows an error. do I
need
to define percentage if so how.

Sorry I am new at this and any help would be appreciated.

Also I need to declare a variable GradePercentage that calculates
TotalPoints/TotalPossible and compare the gradePercentage to letter

grade
cutoffs and return appropriate letter grade from lettergrade function.

I would appreciate and help or examples on this that might help.
thank you,
Marcie