Anne Troy

That should definitely solve the problem. "Automatic" doesn't mean black at
all, but it's more like "Default", which can change depending on fill color.
:)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Marietta" wrote in message
Thank you, Anne. I found one on borders and realized I had not changed

the
color of the internal border lines - I wonder if since it showed

"automatic"
Excel was arbitrarily changing the line color to match the fill? I didn't
have any loss of borders when I reopened the file this time, but if it
happens again I'll be sure to specify black rather than automatic to see

if
that solves the problem.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

There is something wrong, Marietta. You should certainly be able to add
borders to filled cells. Perhaps you need to troubleshoot Excel.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Marietta" wrote in message
I've added fill to some of the rows in my worksheet, and since the

default
cell borders disappeared I added borders and saved the sheet.

However,
the
borders keep disappearing even after being saved, file closed and

reopened.
How can I keep cell borders with fill?