Earl Kiosterud

Rich,

An event-driven macro could put the selected cell where you want it. Or
maybe better yet, in the status bar, or in a modeless form (stays on the
screen, and lets you continue working. Requires Excel 2000 or newer). We
can write it for you if you're interested.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Rich" wrote in message
I have a column where the cell contents are sometimes 200+ characters long.
For me to see everything, I have to widen the column almost full-width of
my
screen, forcing all other columns off the screen, leaving me no choice but
scroll back and forth.

Normally, I could just select that cell and look in the Formula Bar to see
that cell's full contents. Unfortunately, this column uses a VLOOKUP
formula
to populate the cells so I cannot see what the values are; all I see are
the
formulas.

My worksheet already has split panes. In the top pane, I would like to
merge
several cells together and be able to see the full width of any cell I
select
*without* resizing that cell in the bottom pane. Can this be done?